First I just have to start off with saying thank you for all the support, well wishes and excitement so many of you have expressed towards my blog launch. I had such nerves before launching and came close several times to canning it! I’ve received so many positive comments, texts, emails and calls. And seeing so many of you sharing on social media makes me feel like I made the right move. So once again thank you. Whether it was a comment, a post share, a text please know I’ve read them all and appreciate the outpouring of excitement from all of you!
My goal right now is to post 2 full blog posts a week on Monday and Thursday but I will have daily posts on IG an FB. This way you can know what to expect.
So since today is Monday here is a fun, casual look. Clearly I am keeping with the off the shoulder trend. Sorry to post a similar shirt back to back. You can see my other look here. Today’s top comes in a few colors and has a nice eyelet detail. Are you sensing things I like yet? Blues and eyelets! I paired it with light washed skinny jeans from my go to store for jeans, American Eagle.
A few reasons I love AE for jeans:
- They come in lengths. I am 99% of the time wearing a 4short so you have size reference when ordering.
- They come in a ton of different colors and styles.
- You can buy online and return in store. <——–BIG reason whether I’ll shop online at a store or not. I hate paying return shipping.
- They almost always have a sale on their jeans making them SO budget friendly. I’m talking under $50 for a pair. I’ve gotten some for under $30 with coupons.
- I know what you are thinking. That they are for young girls. WRONG! My mom who is 65 wears them too. I turned her onto them years ago after I decided I was no longer paying $150 for designer jeans to only have them go out of style a year or two later. She jumped on board once she saw the quality of them.
I finished off the look with these must have shoes of the season. These are from Target and only $25. They are a dupe for another pair that are about $90. I love the bow detail on them.
Summer had fun doing these pictures. She was really working that camera! I get such a kick watching what poses she will come up with.
Tip: A little thing I do with her leggings when the weather gets warm. I like to roll the bottom of her leggings twice to expose her ankles a bit. Sounds silly but I feel like it instantly makes her look a bit more summery.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
Is anyone else excited about the season premiere of The Bachelorette tonight? I’m a sucker for bad, reality TV. Fingers crossed Summer goes to bed early so I can watch live!