I made a promise. I said yes. I vowed I do. When I reflect back to our wedding day I realize now that I had no idea what it took to grow a marriage. We were two kids in our 20s just getting out on our own, a few years into our careers and no big worries on our plate. Little did I know how big of a life we were about to build together.
In our first 10 years of marriage we have accomplished so much…
- Two fixer uppers that we renovated pretty much top to bottom. That began our love for interior design. We’ve designed homes together that are a pure reflection of us.
- Our love for luxury travel. How we ended up at the Four Seasons on our honeymoon was pure luck. But it forever changed how we love to travel. There’s no one else in this world I want to lounge with at resorts that spritz Evian water on our faces. We truly have the best trips and have seen some amazing places.
- Our love for little dogs. Ok, ok…MY love for little dogs. I know our maltese were not his first choice but really I don’t think Erik could imagine our life without little white doggies in our house.
- We have built strong, solid careers that I am so proud of. We work hard but have made many sacrifices to get to where we are. The things we have are because of the hard work we have both put in. We could never live the life we have without our dedication and commitment to our careers.
- And my favorite accomplishment is our Summer. Little did we know what a force she would be the day she was born. All the rules were broken when we made that child. She has been the greatest gift, the purest joy. We created this most perfect little beauty who is leaving her mark on this world each and every day.
I’ve learned so much about love in these past 10 years. We have the same dreams, hopes and zest for life. Sure we have our differences as every marriage does, but we have solidly worked through every issue we’ve ever faced. You have had my back in every battle I’ve encountered. You have supported every adventure I’m taken. You have honored every promise you have ever made to me. Our marriage is one I can only wish for our Summer to one day have.
You’ve seen me at my best and you’ve seen me at my worst. We’ve celebrated loved ones and we’ve mourned lost ones. You’ve been by my side through it all.
If we lose everything and have nothing there’s no one else I would want to rebuild with. I loved you then, but I love you now even more. Thank you for these past 10 years. I love this book of life we are writing and I look forward to each page, each chapter in the story of us.
Tammy + Erik = Forever
Happy 10th Anniversary my love, my best friend, my forever.
What a beautiful story! Happy 10th Anniversary to you and Erik. Wishing you many more years together. forever and always
I love this! Happy anniversary!!!
Thanks so much Mary!!
Happy anniversary!! Would you believe we had almost identical wedding dresses?!?!
Aww did we?! I would love to see a picture!! Happy Anniversary to you also!! XO!
I just love reading this as you remind me a lot of myself . You are passionate and it radiates thru in your writing. I love reading your blogs !!
Hi Liana, beautiful name! I appreciate that so much…thank you xo!