So I love shopping (clearly lol) but I like really really love shopping for stocking stuffers. Some people dread them but honestly I think you can add such personal fun touches to them. So much more thought goes into creating them and rather than hate on them and throwing senseless things in them take some time to think of the things that person always uses or things they normally wouldn’t buy for themselves. Those ideas always help me come up with thoughtful stockings. And let me tell you I do A LOT of stockings. Erik, my mom, Summer and my mother in law. Plan early, keep your eyes open all year long and you’d be surprised how easy it is to fill that stocking.
This stocking gift guide has all my personal favorites that I love to find in mine or that I always include in the ones I’m filling. And so what if they don’t all fit in the stocking. Put what you can inside the stocking and then add a gift bag filled with the larger items.
- THE NORTH FACE POM POM HAT – always such good quality and warmth
- L’OCCITANE CADE AFTER SHAVE BALM – this goes in Erik’s stocking EVERY year. He is obsessed.
- LEOPARD SCARF – you’ve seen me where it a million times. So good and great price!
- ORIBE TEXTURE SPRAY – what took me so long to use this. OMG! Adds that perfect amount of grit to your hair to hold your curls/waves and LOVE it as a dry shampoo and add volume to your roots when you don’t want to wash it. And the smell! LOVE!
- LED DIMMABLE MAKEUP MIRROR – love this gift! And comes in several color options.
- SLEEP MASK – thought this one was so cute and comes with a travel bag.
- MORPHE EYESHADOW PALETTE – hands down the MOST pigmented shadows for the money. This entire palette is under $25 and it is the only one I’ve been using. The colors all blend and they last all day. The best!
- DRESS WEIGHTS (c/o) – these are so cute and useful. They hold your dresses or skirts down so they don’t fly up in the wind. Genius idea and so adorable! Free shipping on all orders!
- PONCHO – this one was out of stock for awhile and available again.
- KIDS NECK PILLOW – we got this for Summer. Not only for travel but for the carseat that she’s always complaining about. So many cute animals to choose from.
- EXPRESS SCARF – I heard a rumor that this one will be in my stocking in ivory. Thanks Mom! I love the fringe and the chunkiness but it’s not overly thick at all.
- SLIP PILLOWCASE – I am dying to try this. It’s all the rage right now for keeping your hair soft when you sleep. Less breakage and gentle on your skin.
- JEWELRY CATHCALL – I always give these out as gifts. They make lovely teachers gifts as well. They look so cute on dressers and are made beautifully.
Other cute ideas for stockings:
-Gift cards to Dunkin Donuts, 7 Eleven, Starbucks, etc.
-Scratch offs for the lottery
-Car wash gift certificate for a free wash
– My favorite skin pampering products from I AM Organic. You can read all about it in this post. * use my code “Tammy 25” for 25% off. All of these you can wrap up in cute little bags or boxes and really make them look festive!
And my last suggestion for a stocking stuffer is a donation to your favorite charity. This time of year especially we get asked by so many organizations to donate money. A long time ago I used to feel bad and give to everyone, but over the years I changed that. Find one cause that means so much to you and support that one. As long as you are giving back to something a few times a year then you are making your difference. The one cause near and dear to my heart is animal rescue and I am dedicated to contributing when I can to American Maltese Association Rescue. I have had maltese in my life since I was 12 years old. I have been part of a maltese community for over 10 years now and have learned so much about what goes into rescuing this beloved breed. So many are dedicated to saving these little fluffs and finding them their forever homes. So many of the transformations literally bring me to my knees. I hope one day as Summer gets older to volunteer our time to helping save these dogs. But in the meantime I will remind people to adopt their furry companion or go to a reputable show breeder. Do not support pet stores or backyard breeders. Those greedy people contribute to so much of the problem and I can only pray one day that ends.
This Christmas I supported AMAR by buying our annual calendar. It is filled with all maltese rescue dogs and ALL of the proceeds goes towards saving the dogs. The best $20 you’ll ever spend. And what a perfect stocking stuffer for the dog lovers in your life! You can order your calendar here and it includes free shipping. Such a lovely way to give back and help save these precious souls.
I would love to hear about how you give back and what charities you support in the comments below.
Last full weekend before Christmas. Can you believe it?! Hoping to wrap up our baking this weekend and finish the wrapping!