Why 38 things you ask? Well because tomorrow I turn 38. I’m another year closer to 40 and honestly don’t even know how that’s possible. I enjoyed the freedom my 20s brought but my 30s is when the magic happened. I found myself these past few years, became more confident, and accepted changes, failures and triumphs for they all made me who I am today. I have loved this decade of my life more than any other. So cheers to 38 years of life lessons! To celebrate my first birthday on this blog I’m sharing 38 things about me that are light, airy and will let you get to know me a little bit better. 1. I am part Japanese, Polish and Slovak. Everyone thinks I’m Italian but I’m not. I just married one!
2. My 2 favorite movies are “This is 40” and “Crazy, Stupid Love.” So random, I know!
3. Favorite music is indie rock and folk.
4. Making my favorite artists David Gray, Sarah McLachlan, Future Islands, London Grammer, The XX and out of genre I love Pitbull LOL.
5. Roadkill literally breaks my heart. I want to cry at the sight of dead or injured animals.
6. My mom is my BFF. We work together and I call her on my way to the office every morning. We are overly attached.
7. I was in labor for 27 hours with Summer!
8. And after 27 hours and 2 hours of pushing I had to have an emergency C-section. I was such a mess that my doctor played music for me during the surgery and Summer was born to “The Scientist” by Coldplay.
9. The rapper/actor Ice Tea once hit on me at a club.
10. I was a shot girl at a bar in college. A guy once paid me $100 to take a shot with him. He then told me if I kept taking shots with him he would put me through college. I declined.
11. I LOVE ice cream and have to eat it every night before bed. 1/2 pint of Halo counts as ice cream!
12. Favorite shows are Nashville, This is Us, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, 90 Day Fiance and Million Dollar Listing
13. I’m actually very introverted and sort of hate meeting new people.
14. My Dad bought a 2002 Lexus SC430 convertible right before he passed away. I still have that car today in my garage. She only has 40K miles on her!
15. Spiders are my biggest fear! But I love ladybugs and am probably the only person to not kill stinkbugs. I just put them back outside. Poor bugs get a bad rap.
16. I was the biggest tomboy growing up! I was a gymnast, played softball and in high school I played field hockey.
17. I didn’t get into makeup and really start to love fashion till my 30s. Well maybe I liked it but I wasn’t very good at it.
18. Even though I share a good part of my life with all of you I really am a very private person.
19. I am a TOTAL germ freak! First thing I do when I walk in the door at home or my office is wash my hands. I always have hand sanitizer with me.
20. I can’t sew. AT ALL. Not even a button.
21. I’m extremely regimented. Sometimes a good thing and other times not so good because going to the next point….
22. I hate change!
23. I’m a good friend to TRUE friends. I give a great deal of myself to my friends but expect the same in return. Friendship takes two and it should be equal to create balance.
24. I have exclusively been wearing Angel by Thierry Mugler perfume since my early 20s.
25. I have a terrible mouth and curse constantly. Working on this one LOL.
26. When I was little I had a pet cemetery in our back yard where I buried all my little pets. When our fish die I still bury them to this day. I cannot flush fish!
27. My middle name is Lorraine. YUP. TAMMY LORRAINE. Take that in for a minute. I sound like I was born in the 50s. Thanks mom and dad.
28. I am crazy with bills and pay them on time every time. In the rare case I forget I literally have a panic attack!
29. I love ALL animals. Like seriously love.
30. Erik and I went to high school together but didn’t start dating till our 20s. He was even at my sweet 16 (we had gym class together our sophomore year) but he doesn’t remember going to the party. I have a photo of him there though as proof.
31. I was super quiet and reserved in high school.
32. I was a psychology major in college with a minor in social work.
33. I started college at Rutgers but transferred to Marymount Manhattan College where I graduated Cum Laude. I loved city life, but after graduating realized I was a suburbs type of girl.
34. When I was a little girl we had a dog named Tuffy who was lost for 7 years and we found him again. He even made the newspaper!
35. I really cannot cook nor do I like to. Thankfully Erik cooks every night.
36. I have a hard time making decisions and always go to my Mom (usually first) or Erik for their input.
37. I come from a family of entrepreneurs. Growing up my parents owned a bar and deli. And my Stepdad and Mom have owned an insurance agency for the past 15 years (which is where my career has been for the past 15 years).
38. And last but not least, I was terrified to become a mom, but it’s been the best thing I’ve ever done. Being Summer’s mom has been the most fulfilling, exciting thing in my life. What a gift that I get to be that little girl’s mommy.
PHEW! Do you know how hard it was to come up with 38 things about me? If you made it this far THANK YOU for reading! I definitely won’t be sharing 39 things next year LOL. This took some major thinking, but hope you enjoyed it!
PS…I am totally obsessed with this sweater dress for only $35. It’s actually just a sweater but I sized up to make it into a dress. All outfit details are linked below.
SHOP MY LOOK: SWEATER DRESS (wearing a medium so it could be a dress) / EARRINGS / BOOTS old (similar here and here) / BAG old (similar here and here)