I think most of you know by now that fitness is a huge part of my life. I have consistently worked out 5-6 days a week in my home gym for years. I have always gotten a ton of questions about how I stay in shape but just recently felt I needed a change. I started using Ladder and I can’t even begin to tell you how much this program has changed my workouts and my motivation.
Ok so you are wondering how do I stay in shape with Ladder? And what is Ladder? Ladder’s mission is to bring health and wellness coaching to anyone, anytime, anywhere. Think of it as a digital or mobile personal trainer. Whether you go to a gym or workout at home you can use Ladder.
Ladder gives you a digital personal trainer/coach (for IOS and Iphone users) who will create workouts for you, provide accountability and motivation. No matter where you are with your fitness level your coach will work out a program with you.
Here’s a rundown of what Ladder has looked like for me.
- After downloading the app and choosing my membership I filled out a short quiz about my fitness habits, lifestyle and fitness/health goals.
- I then was able to choose who I wanted my coach to be. You can choose male or female and you have a detailed bio and photo of the coaches that you can choose from. Being I workout already I went for a coach who is versed in cross fit and basically just looked like someone who could kick my butt. That’s what I personally need. But rest assured there were a ton of different trainers and some who honestly just looked like everyday mamas. So you can match yourself up with who you think you’ll be most comfortable with.
- Once matched my coach messaged to me to find out some of my goals. She offered to not only help with workouts but with nutrition and stress management. I chose to stick with just workouts right now just because I feel my stress and nutrition is pretty on point but I like that I have these options for the future. I also told her I have a home gym and what equipment I have so she could create workouts that can be completed at home. However, if you have a gym membership your coach can create a program that you can use in the gym.
- Everyday my coach loads a new personalized workout on the app for me. It comes with clear directions, videos and photos of what each exercise looks like. The workouts take me about 30 minutes to complete. I like how she mixes up traditional weight lifting exercises along with circuits that have a lot of cross fit exercises in them. She honestly KICKS MY BUTT! But this is exactly what I wanted in a trainer!
- My coach messages me on the app daily to see how I am feeling, if I have any questions, adjustments and to check in on how my workout went. If I need to skip or change a day I just drop her a message and she tailors the weeks workouts for me. I love that every workout is different which keeps me motivated and keeps my muscles guessing!
In all the years I’ve worked out I NEVER used a personal trainer. For one they are expensive and two I never thought I needed one being a seasoned fitness girl. However, after using Ladder I can’t imagine working out without one. Ladder gives you a certified personal trainer at such an affordable rate. Ladder costs as low as $16 per month. You can get a monthly subscription ($49.99), a three-month subscription ($89.97), or a 12 month subscription ($191.88). I don’t know any gyms where you can get a one on one trainer for that cost.
And the workouts have motivated me and pushed me which is just what I needed. Whether you are looking to get in shape, take your fitness to the next level or just change things up Ladder has a coach and program for you. The app makes it easy to take your workouts with you no matter where you are and you have a digital coach who can guide and oversee your health and wellness progress every single day.
Ready to give Ladder a try? I’m excited to tell you that with my discount code you will get a 1 week risk free trial for free and then 10% off your subscription. Use code TAMMY and sign up here. I’m honestly such a fan. I told Erik I can’t believe I never did something like this before. Ladder has been a game changer for me!
**Thank you to Ladder for sponsoring today’s post. As always, all statements and opinions are my own.